Best way to run an iSeries program from a PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to run an iSeries program from a PC

I do not believe that there is a "best" method, merely one that is more appropriate for the circumstances than other methods. If you have CA/400 or iseries access installed on the PC, you could use RMTCMD.EXE to perform this function. You could also use data queues, stored procedures, and other methods. Dave

Thanks David for your answer. By the way, do you know where can I look at for some examples using RMTCMD.EXE. Any help is appreciated. George

Comment

Try http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/127@@/ and type in RMTCMD Dave

Comment

Hi everybody, In our shop we have an application running Oracle and producing a summary file that needs to be transferred to an iSeries through an automatic job running a CL program with FTP statements waiting for a message in a specific message queue. What is the best way to send a message from a PC to AS/400's message queue. a) Executing QUOTE RCMD from FTP b) Writing a program using either Visual Basic or Java to do that If anybody knows a more efficient option, I will appreciate for your answer. George

Comment

You could also create a Non-Gui VARPG program that would move the file. It could also be executed from the PC. This could eliminate the need for the FTP, waiting on a message in a message queue, remote commands. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
          X