calling a java program on as400 from visual basic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling a java program on as400 from visual basic

Does any one know how can i call a java program that resides on the as400 from a visual basic com component. I can call a cl or rpg program by using client access express remote program object by using a function like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Function getSystemDate() As String Dim ObjProgram As New cwbx.Program, ObjParams As cwbx.ProgramParameters Dim strRetcode As String, strSysDate As String, strSysTime As String On Error GoTo Failed ' Set the System property of the Program object Set ObjProgram.System = getAs400System() ' Set the LibraryName property of the Program object ObjProgram.LibraryName = "mylib" ' Set the ProgramName property of the Program object ObjProgram.ProgramName = "myprogram" 'Program Params Set ObjParams = New cwbx.ProgramParameters ObjParams.Append "RetCode", cwbrcOutput, 3 ObjParams.Append "SysDate", cwbrcOutput, 8 ObjParams.Append "SysTime", cwbrcOutput, 6 Call ObjProgram.Call(ObjParams) strRetcode = StrCvtr.FromBytes(ObjParams.Item("RetCode").Value) strSysDate = StrCvtr.FromBytes(ObjParams.Item("SysDate").Value) strSysTime = StrCvtr.FromBytes(ObjParams.Item("SysTime").Value) getSystemDate = strRetcode & strSysDate 'MsgBox "Parameter RetCode = " & 'MsgBox "Parameter SysDate = " & 'MsgBox "Parameter SysTime = " & Exit Function Failed: getSystemDate = "AAA" Call ErrorHandler End Function ----------------------------------------------------------------------- But when it comes to java which is the ObjProgram.LibraryName that i should give or where can i put the class and the method i want to call. Where do i put the class path ? thanx in advance

calling a java program on as400 from visual basic

Could you use the Internet Transfer Control and execute an FTP Remote Command on the server to execute it that way? If you did that, perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to write a little front-end CL program and that's what your FPT command would call. The CL would run the RUNJVA command for you and take care of setting all the CLASSPATH and other Environment Variables you need.

Comment

Working...
    X