Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way of Exposing or Publishing An AS/400 Application APIs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way of Exposing or Publishing An AS/400 Application APIs?

If you are connecting to the AS/400 using ODBC or JDBC, one way you can access the AS/400 API's would be to create stored procedure wrappers for the API's.

You sain SUN Unix. (...whispering even more quietly...)I'm guessing Java could run on that box only because of the name SUN. I'm also guessing it would integrate rather nicely since it too is a product of Sun. It's also been said that the iSeries (AS/400) is one of the best platforms to implement Java. If you can understand what I'm driving at: Java on the Sun Unix box + Java on the iSeries = Seamless integration. You can easily wrapper an ILE RPG program/procedure using the JT400 toolkit (written completely in Java). The toolkit can be run from any server (e.g. AS/400, UNIX, WinNT, etc.) Using the toolkit you won't need stored procedures as it will give direct access to any AS/400 object. (Stored procedures would be unnecessary extra overhead) Cliff )

Comment

We are trying to Interface Oracle running on SUN Unix and legacy system running on AS/400. We have rich sets of API on AS/400 within our application. Does anyone knows if these APIs can be exposed or published, SO unix system can call them. APIs are written in ILE RPG.

Comment

Working...
      X