Application works on Windows and doesn't on iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application works on Windows and doesn't on iSeries

I'm going to shoot from the hip here, because I'm not an expert at graphics programming, but it is my belief that only the most recent JVM supports AWT calls of any kind. There was an annoying limitation in early versions of Java that if you didn't have a graphical interface, you couldn't do anything requiring AWT, including the generation of graphics. As of version 1.4, however, there is the capability of having what they call a "headless" implementation, which will allow the non-UI parts of AWT to operate. I believe the latest version of JVM for the OS/400 will indeed support this, but as far as I know you must be on V5R2 to get it. Joe

Application works on Windows and doesn't on iSeries

Hello! We have an application that works fine on WAS4.0 on Windows system. However we would like to change the application server to WAS4.0 on iSeries. When we installed the application there, it turned out that creation of runtime images didn't work at all. Simply it fails when the default toolkit is retrieved: toolkit = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(); I cannot give you more details, since no exception is thrown and there are no traces in logs. Do you know what it could be? Is it the problem with AWT? If, so what are the alternatives on iSeries? BR Jacek

Comment

Working...
    X