Verifying Java level in a CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying Java level in a CL

For us, at V5R1, it looks like it may be identified in the DSPSFWRSC outfile by LCPRDI Product identification = 5722JV1 and LCPFGI Load identification = 5103. I also noticed that in the file it has LCDTMI Message ID = JVA012D LCDTMF Message file = QJVAMSG LCDTML Message library = QJAVA The command WRKMSGD MSGID(JVA012D) MSGF(QJAVA/QJVAMSG) shows that JVA012D has text "Java Developer Kit 1.2".

Does anyone have any suggestions for verifying the java level of an iSeries in a CL program? I have looked at DSPSFWRSC results in an outfile but have been unable to decipher which field would give up the information I could use to pinpoint the java level installed. We need to verify that java is at a minimum level of 1.2 prior to installation of our upgrade and we would like to automate this in a CL rather than having the user run GO LICPGM or the JAVA -VERSION option.

Comment

Looking at the message file, JVA0130 = Java Developer Kit 1.3 JVA0131 = Java Developer Kit 1.4 The Load ID for 1.3 is 5105. We don't have 1.4.

Comment

Working...
      X