JDBC acces from iSeries to NT server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDBC acces from iSeries to NT server

Have you tried connecting to DB2 on your PC with the driver for the Windows/Linux versions of DB2? The toolbox and native iSeries drivers are different. You will want to get the COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver driver which is a type 4 driver (pure java, doesn't require any native libraries). If you have DB2 installed on your PC, you should be able to find db2java.zip for the driver. With most versions, this is in C:Program FilesSQLLIBjava (assuming you took the default install). Also, note that if you plan to use jdbc 2.0 features, you will need to run the usejdbc2.bat file in C:Program FilesSQLLIBjava12 to convert the driver to support jdbc 2.0. Good luck.

Thanks for the information. I'm now searching for the Javadoc but I d'ont find it. If some has the response ??? thank you, Emmanuel Lara

Comment

JavaDoc for ?

Comment

Javadoc (html documentation) to know about the methodes of the classes and the parameters. This is very usefull... Emmanuel.

Comment

Yes, but for which classes? If you are just looking for core JDK javadoc, try http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/index.html (JDK 1.3). That should include JDBC 2.0. There shouldn't really be a need for the DB2 drivers javadoc as it implements the JDBC interfaces and should be fairly self documenting.

Comment

Hi tkosacek2, So I have now the following message: ERROR: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in shared library path This is my source code: System.out.println("before registerdriver"); DriverManager.registerDriver(new COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver()); System.out.println("after registerdriver"); I have the message "before registerdriver" and after I have the error message. My configuration: I run the program on an AS400 (V4R5). The DB2 Database on the NT server are in version 7.2. I put in my directory (on the AS400) the file "db2java.zip" and I add on the variable environement CLASSPATH this new class. But may be, I have to put some other files with "db2java.zip" ? Thank's for help. Emmanuel

Comment

I just want if exist the documentation for the db2java.zip's classes. Like we can have the documentation for jt400.zip or db2_classes.jar ...

Comment

Hi, Sorry for my english... I want send DB2 data from an as400 DB2 to a PC DB2. My job will run on the AS400. So first thing I try to establish a connection with my as400. this is easy to do it with jdbc toolbox driver (jt400.jar) or with the IBM db2 driver (db2_drivers.jar). But I can't realise the connexion on the BD2 database of my PC. I try with the two driver, but nothing. Do you have an idea ? Thanks a lot, I'm living in Tahiti and I have to much problem to have informations (and my web connection run at 46K/bps) Emmanuel Lara.

Comment

Use the "net" driver, which is a type 4 driver. The driver class name is COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver. The url format is jdbc:db2://myhost/databasename. The "app" driver is a type 3 driver and tries to load native libraries.

Comment

Working...
                  X