CVS options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVS options

> I'm currently the only Java developer in my shop, but this will soon change. I need to look into CVS options and was really hoping you fine folks could share your experiences with CVS type servers. > > TIA Brandon, I use CVS here every day to coordinate work done in our Memphis office and our customer in California. The customer has setup CVS on a Solaris box, and I use WinCVS over the internet to check in/out the source and other digital assets. We use SSH for the connection, so no security issues there. Works like a charm. Internally we use CVS on an AIX box, but of course it looks the same to me from my WinCVS client. We also use Rational's ClearCase and MS VisualSourceSafe (cause you know it would just be too simple for everyone to use the same product). Setting up/config the CVS server on any Unix box takes about 1 hour including timeout for coffee. I dont know about other platforms. Anyway it was almost trivial to setup. WinCVS is easily downloaded and installed off the internet from www.cvsgui.org. I took the time to read the quickstart doc since it is not quite as intuitive as SourceSafe. Nice way to get solid source control FREE. Alex

CVS options

I'm currently the only Java developer in my shop, but this will soon change. I need to look into CVS options and was really hoping you fine folks could share your experiences with CVS type servers. TIA

Comment

CVS options

Thanks for your input Alex. Don't suppose you have any experience with WebSphere Site Developer Client and integration with that CVS? I'm really hoping to use the WSDC. Brandon

Comment

Working...
      X