Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling RPG from Java (PCML or Data Queues or ...?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling RPG from Java (PCML or Data Queues or ...?)

Hi All I am planning to call the RPG program from the Java to leverage the existing business logic. This RPG programs does lot of things but I am interested in pieces of that. I try to explore the available options and IBM tool box of Java( Calling RPG using PCML) looks quite promising to me. My concern is that I have to pass to a long list of parameters to RPG in order to send and receive parameters and eventually the *Entry will be unmanageable. Is there any other more efficient way to that? Could I use the Data Queues to communicate? If yes then how to synchronize the incoming and outgoing data. Thanks in advance for any help. I will appreciate if you could provide any code snippet or links .

Calling RPG from Java (PCML or Data Queues or ...?)

I have used data queues in Jsp's and find they work really well. You can have an outgoing and incoming data queue along with a stored procedure RPG program. The RPG waits for a data queue entry - when received it processes and returns data to the incoming data queue. When you have finished - send a entry to the outgoing data queue telling the RPG program to end.

Comment

Working...
    X