Calling RPG programe from Java

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling RPG programe from Java

Hi all, I am new user to this site and I thanks if some one can answer my question. I have good exp. of Java Socket progtin Unix and NT/95. I have developed application in java. Like this way. When i run on Server with its ip and port from WindowsNT.i started to run Client with ip and port of WIndowsNT, and started to enter some commands to send to the server until he wants to "No". then the message "NO" from the client to the server save all commands in a temp file, server started to executing these commands and display result to the client. This way i am trying to develop to Java and executing the commands on AS400. Now I may be working on AS400 for developing java applications. I do not have any knowledge of AS400. I want to know how difficult it is. Please post give me your valueable suggestions.

Calling RPG programe from Java

Being an RPG programmer, I have started to get to know Java; I got a good book by Don Denoncourt "Java Application Strategies for iSeries & AS/400". He has written books and articles on the subject, you might want to search for online. You would have to download the "jt400.jar" file to allow connection to an AS400 (iSeries); it can be downloaded from IBM Toolbox fo Java website "http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/toolbox/"; or from the IFS folders in the AS/400 ( /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib ). I have included an example on how to call a program on the as400; there is some interface to be done with the parms. There is another way to call via Program Call Marckup Language (PCML). Check articles by the following as well: Phil Coulthard Geoge Farr Sharon L Hoffman Hope this helps Ernesto Irizarry

Comment

Working...
    X