Automating data transfer from AS/400 to PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope someone can give me some tips !! I have AS/400 files which I need to send to customer via FTP. I had everything working by using CPYTOIMPF and was able to automate this whole process with no problems. (using autocheduler to run CLP, then using FTP on the AS/400) Since the files are big (some over 1 GB), we are trying to make the file smaller. We found by using the Client Access data transfer (from AS/400 to PC) converting the file to .CSV, it created the file with variable length records thus making the file smaller ! I have the Client Access transfer saved (.DTF), how can I automate this on the network ? We have used STRPCCMD to run .DTF(s), but this won't work in this case since you can't use STRPCCMD in batch mode. I figure I either need to use RUNRMTCMD to run these .DTF or there is a way to schedule these .DTF to run from the PC. If I can get the .DTF(s) to automatically run, then I would like to put these files on the AS/400 IFS (so then I can then FTP from the AS/400). The only reason I'm using the Client Access transfer is due to the .CSV format created with variable length records. Maybe this is the wrong approach ? Thank you very much ! Julie

Comment

Just type RTOPCB /? at the DOS prompt. Chris

Comment

Working...
      X