Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: The DSPREL Command

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: The DSPREL Command **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: The DSPREL Command **

TechTip: The DSPREL Command

I tried to open this file and get an error "missing .DLL file". Any comments? Thanks!

Comment

I am unable to execute the RECOMPILE command per the installation instructions. The program, RECOMPILE, is not found. Should the RECOMPILE command be executing a different program or is the source for RECOMPILE located in one of the source files? Terry

Comment

I get the same error. Please advise Karen

Comment

I had to compile the RECOMPILE program manually. In addition, I had to compile the CMP01R module, CMP01C and CMP03C modules and then create program CMP01R (including all 3 of these modules). The RECOMPILE command then appears to do something and did created some stuff but then it started. It looks like it successfully created the DDS members but then started having trouble. I'm not sure what went wrong yet but it's not going smoothly. Not that I'm complaining! I appreciate you sharing your tools. Garrett

Comment

Is there any way to get the code for this command, pgm, etc. in another format rather than SAVF? Perhaps as text file? Programmers here do not have authority to restore save files. And I don't think anyone in management will do it for me. Just thought I would ask.

Comment

Hi Dont Open that in Pc. UpLOAD this to 400, then restore but still i has some fixes. tma

Comment

The RECOMPILE command and program should be in the PJUTILPGM save file. As long as you restore it and have the library in your library list it should be fine. I've been get a few questions about some problems recompiling and someone who replied it worked Okay after they specified the Recompile Files parameter as *YES on the first install. Thanks John.

Comment

I moved to a new customer on Monday morning and restored and recompiled it Okay but I think my brain runs on autopilot when I do that and I've probably forgotten some info that I needed to pass on. The thing I've found out so far is the Recompile Files *YES parameter on the RECOMPILE command.

Comment

I've had the same problem with save files in the past. I have tried using the MGET command in FTP to copy all of the individual members into text files and that works Okay. You can use MPUT to copy them back but when they get back to AS400 the text and attributes have been lost. I'm looking for a way to get around that. I think there's something you can do with XML (or something like it?) to copy sources. If anyone knows how then let me know and I'll see if I can post it as a text file.

Comment

When compiling CMD11R, the compile ABEND's due to a binding error. Could you please advise. Thank You.

Comment

You should submit this to taatool and win the monthly prize. Maybe they would give you extra if you supplied the source to them.

Comment

I got it working at last. For others having trouble compiling this beast, here's how I did it.... I manually compiled modules CMP01R, CMP01C and CMP03C. Then I created prog CMP01R with a command like "CRTPGM PGM(mylib/CMP01R) MODULE(mylib/CMP01R mylib/CMP0*)" The RECOMPILE program is NOT in the PJUTILPGM save file, I had to manually compile it. Furthermore, there's a feature in this prog that causes it to sometimes try to compile code from the first source file found in your library list, which may or may not be the correct one. The fault lies in line number 242. The variable called "QualName" has it's library value clobbered by this statement so I changed lines 242 and 248 to use a different variable (see the code snippet below). So much for these blessed globals. Then I manually compiled RECOMPILE. After RECOMPILE is succesfully compiled I ran it with "RECOMPILE LIB(mylib) FILES(*YES)", in batch mode obviously. Vincent
                          Code

Comment

Thanks Vincent. That code change made all the difference. RECOMPILE worked fine and now I can play with the tools. Thanks again. Garrett

Comment

I have been looking for the source code of Dsprel for quite sometine but couldnt find any. Can anyone help me in getting one.

Comment

Working...
                              X