No announcement yet.

10 years too late...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They hayday's we all knew and felt over the not so distant past are...Well they've gone by. There could possibly be a resurgence in the i platform down the road but probably not as a hot-bed for the once highly touted and much sought RPG developers. Hey so what...If you like what you're doing the machine and the language you're doing it with really won't matter. Besides I believe there is a "greater" knowledge out there, that brings a calm and a purpose for this great downturn in our industry, our economy, our environment, our lives ...and our world.

Just like the animals that all came together and entered the ark. When Noah questioned how that was supposed to happen. I believe the answer he got was..."Fear not...For within them is the knowledge of the flood that is to come." A greater knowledge. Good Luck everyone!

Comment

Ha! That's really funny. The history of the RPG back to panzerfaust. The first time I was asked about the cycle I told them it was what a clown rode at the circus, which was in town at the time. The interviewer didn't find any humor in it. I went and took a course in RPG at the local tech school and never looked back.

To really show how cost-effective the whole RPG/AS400/i platform is... I was contacted recently to work on some code I wrote in 1989 on a S/38. The code is a system of financial batch jobs that are still running today. Talk about getting your money's worth!
      Last edited by tcsbiz; 06-18-2010, 08:30 AM. Reason: Correct misspellings.

Comment

Working...
      X