Job Log Problem in Embedded SQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Log Problem in Embedded SQL

Bill, I have not tried this yet, but you can set the the SQL debug message setting to *NO and see what happens. I am not sure that it will fix anythign, but it is the first thing I would try. You can set it with this statement... UPDATE QUSRSYS/QAQQINI SET QQVAL='*NO' WHERE QQPARM='MESSAGES_DEBUG' This assumes your using the QAQQINI file in QUSRSYS. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll dig some more! Kevin

We have a number of programs that eiher write or read records using embedded SQL and the problem is that they generate tons of job log entries to the point where the log will wrap numerous times. I have seen some where there are a few hundred 433 page logs by the time the program finishes. We tried, (in one program) to turn the log off, but that causes other problems as well since you can't see te log if an error occurs like a "target too small". I am sure that there is a way to eliminate the SQL motor mouth without turning off the log. I just don't know what that method is. i am certain that someone out here knows how to do that. Bill Barnes The Pantry, Inc

Comment

Not authorized to object QAQQINI in QUSRSYS type *FILE

Comment

Working...
      X