Retrieval of several variable fields into data structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieval of several variable fields into data structure

Hi I'm trying to figure out if an idea i have is possible using SQL. At present we have various batch programs that chain to a site file to retrieve relevant data. The problem is the program can perform over 2 million chains but there is only 390 records in the file. So to cut down the I/O i have written a procedure to load the data from the site file into a dynamic array which can then be searched using the C module BSearch. At present the field values that are required are defined as data structure subfields which are then loaded into the allocated memory. To make this store/retrieval procedure more generic i would like to retrieve data from the site file dependent on a list of required fields passed from the calling program and store it in a datastructure with one defined subfield with a length of 256. Is it possible to retrieve several field values via dynamic SQL into the one data structure subfield which i can then store in the allocated memory. Will i experience problems with packed data? Thanks Anthony
Working...
X