sql stored procedure lets files opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sql stored procedure lets files opened

I call the procedure from a 5250 session (STRSQL, CALL TESTCLOSE).

Have you tried doing an explicit OPEN and CLOSE for TOPEN2? Dave

Comment

Sorry, but i'm new with SQL stored procedure and I don't really understand what you mean. Is it possible to do an explicit OPEN or CLOSE in a procedure without using a cursor ?

Comment

I normally close the file right after closing the cursor, I've had the same problem...
        Code

Comment

I noticed that you have a line that reads: SET OPTION DBGVIEW = *SOURCE Is it possible to debug a stored procedure??? If so, how?

Comment

Jerry, I'm not an expert on this by any means, but here's what I do know: 1. On the System i, SQL stored procedures are created as C programs. In fact, they are created as service programs. 2. You can set a Service Entry Point (SEP) on a service program. Putting these two together, it is theoretically possible that you could use WDSC to set an SEP on the service program for a stored procedure and debug it via WDSC. Again, I am far from an expert on this stuff, but it seems possible! Joe Joe

Comment

Two articles on the archive. Part I & II http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@17...ae.1@.214a2b35 http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@17...ae.1@.214a2b35

Comment

More info about my problem : I 've created the SQL stored procedure TESTCLOSE with Run sql script from ISeries Navigator. I call the procedure from the ISeries command line (session 5250)(not from RPG). After execution the file TOPEN2 is still open. DSPJOB option 14 Display open files, if active TOPEN2 LIBTFBCR TOPEN1 *ACTGRPDFN *DFTACTGRP 0000000000000002 If i call the SQL stored procedure from a CLLE compiled with activation group *NEW, TOPEN2 is closed after execution (the activation group closes the file after execution). I think that when the procedure is called from the command line, the file is not closed because it has been opened in the default activation group. In rpg, it 's possible to put an option to close the file : c/EXEC SQL c+ SET OPTION CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD c/END-EXEC but not in SQL ? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I' ve a problem with this stored procedure sample. After execution, the file (TOPEN2) stays opened. If I remove the loop (WHILE), the file is closed after execution. Thanks for help, Bernard Crappe
                  Code

Comment

The default of the RUNSQLSTM command is *ENDACTGRP, change the default to *ENDMOD. I think your problem will go away.
                    Code

Comment

Working...
                    X