Stored Procedure CL Wrappers and Result Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stored Procedure CL Wrappers and Result Sets

Yes. You'll have to use the "WITH RETURN TO CLIENT" phrase in the "SET RESULT SETS" statement in your RPG program. Regards, Mark

Thanks. The "SET RESULT SETS FOR RETURN TO CLIENT ARRAY :array FOR :count ROWS" should do the trick.

Comment

I want to create a stored procedure over a CL program to be called from a java client. The procedure will be defined to return one result set. I want the CL to call a SQLRPGLE program. The RPG will set the result set. Will the result set be accessible by the java client since the stored procedure is defined over the CL and not the RPG? Thanks, CurtM

Comment

When I created the stored procedure over the CL, I got this message: SQL7909 - "Routine was created, but cannot be saved and restored." Does this mean the stored procedure will disappear after the next system restore? Are procedures over CL really NOT supported completely? The stored procedure works, but I'm afraid I will lose it after a system restore. The message details instruct: Recovery . . . : The routine was created, but until all of the following criteria are met, the routine cannot be saved and restored. -- Ensure that the external program schema is not QSYS. -- Ensure that the external program exists when the CREATE statement is issued. -- Ensure that the external program is an ILE *PGM or *SRVPGM. (MY EXTERNAL PROGRAM IS CL, WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS?) -- Ensure that the external program or service program contains at least one SQL statement (AGAIN I'M CALLING A CL WHICH CONTAINS NO SQL).

Comment

cmallasee wrote: > -- Ensure that the external program is an ILE *PGM or *SRVPGM. (MY > EXTERNAL PROGRAM IS CL, WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS?) Maybe you should try using a CL/LE wrapper instead of a just a CL wrapper. Bill

Comment

Working...
          X