SQL naming Vs System Naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL naming Vs System Naming

Set Schema schema-name will set your current library as long as all your tables are in the same library that should fix the problem. Then you would only have to change one line of code and you could even consider calling a function to determine what "environment" you were in and have it return the correct schema name - so no changing of the code would be necessary.

The problem is there are multiple libraries involved. Usually 2 but sometimes 3 or 4. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks Bill

Comment

By user - you should be able to create test versus production environments that would allow you to avoid coding the library name altogether.

Comment

I have discovered that, most of the time, when I set option to use SQL naming instead of system naming that the program runs quicker. the problem is in moving programs from production to test and then back to production. Since SQL naming requires all tables to be qualified with the library name I have to test the program then make changes to it ad then move it into production effectively negating the test since I have made source changes after the test. Is there a way to get around this? To make matters worse there are multiple libraries that come into play in 90% of the applications. TIA Bill Barnes

Comment

That works with SYSTEM naming but not SQL naming. Here is an example of an embedded SQL ststement. The 2 libraries involved here are PANTRY and GPSDB. In test we will want to change the GPSDB to GPSTEST. this is the set option c/exec sql C+ Set Option C+ Commit = *NONE, C+ Naming = *SQL, C+ CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD, C+ DATFMT = *ISO, C+ TIMFMT = *HMS, C+ USRPRF = *OWNER, C+ DYNUSRPRF = *OWNER C/End-Exec We seem to never do anything simple. I do appreciate your help, and advice. Bill

Comment

Working...
          X