Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUNSQLSTM Spool File

Here is my problem with RUNSQLSTM.

It generates a spool file whether or not errors occurred.

My first task each morning is cleaning up the ^&**@ spool files that were generated by my jobs that use RUNSQLSTM.

I have yet to figure out a way to suppress the spools. I should add that I would want the spool to be generated if an error did occur.

Dave

RUNSQLSTM Spool File

Not sure if this solves all of your problems but it looks like a good way to segregate your spool files so that they can be easily purged:

Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry,

Segregating the spools is not really the problem here.

I would not want to use DLTSPLF *LAST globally. If the run had an error, I would want to know what the error is!

I would just like to supress the spool in its entirety if no errors occurred. There does not appear to be a way to do this.

As I read from your link, I am not alone here. IBM ARE YOU LISTENING?

Dave

Comment

how about dltosplf

dltosplf is probably available a few places. I don't remember where I got it, but Google provided this today: http://www.freerpgtools.com/downloads/dltosplf.html

I doctored my version to take a few more parms, but I think this should work for you, expecially with a segregated outq. You can set up a job to remove anything older than a day or 2 or 3.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X