Passing Parameters to VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Parameters to VB

Yes, you can do this. I had such a need a while back and found an example. The attached zip file contains a very simple example. HTH, Joe

parm.zip

Passing Parameters to VB

Thanks Joe! I decided to take another route and forgot about the msg I posted. I'm sure I'll need this in the future!

Comment

Passing Parameters to VB

I am calling a VB program from an AS400 using STRPCCMD. Has anyone ever heard of a VB program being able to accept parameters like the way that RPG uses *Entry? Thanks

Comment

Passing Parameters to VB

Hi, While developing the VB program use the command() function to recieve the parameters. Parameters are seperated by spaces. In this case make sure you do not create EXE name with space inbetween. at the start of the program use a string variable to capture the parameters. for example dim ParmsRcd as string ParmsRcd=command To test this right click the project name in the project explorer in VB and in the project properties give the parameters in the commandline parameters and run the project step by step. You get the parameters. For example you want to get the paramters into an array do like below. dim ParmAry() as string ParmAry=split(command()," ") This will give you the array of parameters. Hope this solves your issue. RV rv_ooty@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X