convert xls to csv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert xls to csv

I have never done this with VB, however, I do know that only the active sheet is converted. That being said, I recorded a macro where I changed from one sheet to another and it looked something like this - Sheets("Sheet3").Select . So, I guess you need to activate the sheet you want to convert in a similar fashion. HTH, Joe

convert xls to csv

Maybe I'm missing something here: Why not just use "Save As" to create the CSV? Dave

Comment

convert xls to csv

"Save As" to CSV will work. What I'm trying to do is I created a button on the toolbar that will run a VBA program I created. When I convert the xls to csv I would like to convert the sheet with a certain name. I would like to automate this so that the user can not select the wrong sheet. Once the xls is converted to csv I am using ftp to send it to the AS/400. If they converted the wrong sheet the format wouldn't match up with the file I need to upload to on the AS/400. Thanks

Comment

convert xls to csv

Is it always the same sheet? You can record this process, along with the "Save As" within the macro, and wrap your VBA code around it. Dave

Comment

convert xls to csv

I using vba in excel to convert a xls file into a csv file. This seems to be working except it always converts the first worksheet in the excel document. Does anyone know how to specify which worksheet to use when converting to csv? Thanks

Comment

convert xls to csv

Thanks for the help. I got it to work.

Comment

Working...
            X