MONMSG for PING or FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONMSG for PING or FTP

Here's a code snippet: PING RMTSYS(&BLIPADDR) MSGMODE(*QUIET *ESCAPE) + PKTLEN(32) NBRPKT(4) MONMSG MSGID(TCP3210) EXEC(DO) /* Ping failed */ ENDDO

MONMSG for PING or FTP

That works in my test program. Any idea why this works works using the MSGMODE? Thanks, Tom

Comment

MONMSG for PING or FTP

No.

Comment

MONMSG for PING or FTP

Try some of the messages in QTCPMSG. For example, one that I use when monitoring PING is TCP3202.

Comment

MONMSG for PING or FTP

After looking at the the command in a prompted mode and using help, it seems as if the second half (Summary, if response errors) of the MSGMODE actually generates a message that can be monitored for while using *ESCAPE. The default (*COMP) does not! Here is the help verbage:[*]COMP This is the default value. If the PING request is successful, the summary message returned is a completion message. *ESCAPE A monitorable escape message is returned. This is useful if you have written a program to issue the PING request and wish to monitor the PING request for errors. See the error message section of the PING (VFYTCPCNN) command help for a list of possible escape messages. Thanks again, Tom

Comment

MONMSG for PING or FTP

See if using this utility helps: http://archive.midrange.com/midrange.../msg00044.html

Comment

MONMSG for PING or FTP

I created a CHKSVR command (Check Server). It's doing a PING. I put all the code below, if anyone is interested. So far, it's working for me just fine. Bruce
              Code

Comment

MONMSG for PING or FTP

I want to be able to ftp a file to a server. If the server isn't active for some reason, my ftp hangs, and there is no ftp output because the ftp never started. So I thought I'd first see if it's active using a PING and do a MONMSG. I can't seem to get this to work. Any ideas and/or help is appreciated. TIA, Tom

Comment

Working...
                X