cpyfrmstmf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpyfrmstmf

tylert wrote: > I receive an EDI standard 4010 as a long stream file(very long) into > IFS. There are segment markers '~' that i wish to use to parse out > into records in a physical file. I can Cpyfrmstmf to a source file in > qsys.lib. Using cpytoimpf or cpyfrmimpf Any manner of defining the > RCDDLM and/or STRDLM or FLDDLM results in truncation or no records > copied. So how do I parse out the long file into secments(records) > using the '~' as my end of record marker. Tyler, My only suggestion would be to create a program in a language that can process files on the IFS and read your original file creating a new one that inserts a CRLF after each ~. Bill

cpyfrmstmf

I receive an EDI standard 4010 as a long stream file(very long) into IFS. There are segment markers '~' that i wish to use to parse out into records in a physical file. I can Cpyfrmstmf to a source file in qsys.lib. Using cpytoimpf or cpyfrmimpf Any manner of defining the RCDDLM and/or STRDLM or FLDDLM results in truncation or no records copied. So how do I parse out the long file into secments(records) using the '~' as my end of record marker.Please assist. thank you. tim tyler

Comment

cpyfrmstmf

I recently wrote a program to access the stream files on the IFS for the same reason. I used Scott Klement tuturial on accessing the IFS. http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/index.htmlScott Klement IFS

Comment

Working...
      X