Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes or No, will Client Access for Windows work with V5R1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No, will Client Access for Windows work with V5R1?

AFAIK, the V5R1 install, leaves 5769-XD1 intact. That is, there is no longer support for CA/400 V3R2, but it should still work the same. Dave

Tracy, There may be a problem. IBM is not supporting the connection to v5r1. You will have to make a decision here but I would never run anything as "unsupported." If it doesn't work, think of what you will have to do in order to get the users back up and running. See IBM's site at this link: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...nnections.html HTH Scott

Comment

Tracy, We are on 5.1 and while we run CA Express at the office, my home pc still runs good 'ol CA with no problems (and has not been updated in at least 2 years!). Joe

Comment

We are currently on V4R5M0 and using Client Access for Windows because we need the NS Router Anynet function. In December we are upgrading to V5R1. Do we HAVE to move to Client Access Express? Is it just the support that goes away for the full CA for Windows or will it just not work with V5R1?

Comment

All of the above replies, answer my question. The vendor who does our IBM upgrades only installs the Express component and will not install the CA for Windows. That's why they were saying it would not work when we go to V5R1. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X