Client Access compatibility with V5R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access compatibility with V5R2

It looks like you'll have to upgrade to Express to connect to V5R2. The most recent non-Express version seems to be V3R2, which apparently won't connect to V5R1 and above. See: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...nnections.html

Ken, I thought I saw in earlier threads where few people said that connecting CA V3R2 to OS V5R1 would be no problem. The environment is not supported, but as long as the connections work today on OS V4R5, they will work upon UPGRADing to V5R1. It may be different for a new install of V5R1 or upgrade to V5R2. Can anyone out there pl share what's happening? I am sure there are quite a few shops using V5R1.

Comment

I believe v3r2 C/A will work with r5v2 but is not supported by IBM support. I am using v3r2 C/A with OS/400 v5r1 with no problems.

Comment

Our current OS version is V4R5. Most of our client PCs, however, run Client Access V4R3 (not the Express version) with absolutely no problem. We will be moving to OS/400 V5R2 next month and I'm curious as to whether this older version of Client Access will have any problems connecting. I'm not interested in what is supported, eventually we'll upgrade all of the clients, I just want to know if I MUST upgrade the clients before I upgrade the AS/400. Is there anyone out there that is running Client Access V4R3 connecting to OS/400 V5R2? Thanks, chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Working...
        X