FlatFile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlatFile

Now it sounds like you're asking questions for a test, either for a class or for an employer. I suggest you buy some books. There are plenty of good ones out there. Joe

FlatFile

Joe Pluta wrote: > Now it sounds like you're asking questions for a test, either for a > class or for an employer. I suggest you buy some books. There are > plenty of good ones out there. Yep, that's the feeling I got. Also, could you please take advantage of the topic grouping available in this forum and post your questions in the appropriate forum? Thanks, Bill

Comment

FlatFile

A post like this strains the skepticity sensors. It may be coming from an outsourcing firm that already has a contract, but not the skills to do the work. I've alwyas been an advocate of the the free exchange of information for educational purposes, but there are limits. Particularly when it takes food off of the table. Dave

Comment

FlatFile

You can process a flat file like any other file. A common method is to map the database field into a data structure and work with that, this will make it easier to maintain also. You can find the AS400 documentation here. The search is not very good (use advance), but it should get you going in the right direction. Drill down on the left into programming then RPG. Good Luck!

Comment

FlatFile

David, Then this forum should be shut down. Most, if not all questions here can be answered with a bit of research in the IBM manuals (OK a lot of research there). Research time that companies are paying us to do. Most forums you go into will have a Beginners Question' area, this is an area which we should all be participating in. But I see your point. This is why I've backed off the forums a bit lately. It's only normal, in good times information is shared, in bad we take care of ourselves.

Comment

FlatFile

how will we use flat file in RPG/400 (like creating/updating a flat file)

Comment

FlatFile

I think there has to be as much or more give as take, giving what the situation is at least. That is all take, starting with our jobs, then our time, then our knowledge. I hope the outsourcers get everything they deserve. rd

Comment

Working...
              X