best way to call data from excel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to call data from excel.

One simple way would be to create a file transfer, and call that using a combination of STRPCCMD, and STRPCO, or by using RUNRMTCMD. This would bring the data to DB2/400 for processing. Dave

Do you know of any self help books on creating DB2/400 scripts?

Comment

Check out the article at http://www.midrangeserver.com/mpo/mp...3-story02.html which describes how to get data from Microsoft Access into a Client Access emulation session using VBA. You could do the same thing with Excel and VBA. Dave

Comment

Another way to get XLS files into your AS400 is a program I use called iGetXLS. It is from Goering iSeries Solutions. It runs on the AS400 and pulls the XLS into a DBfile. It works well for us and we didn't have to do any programming.

Comment

I need suggestions on the best software/hardware applications for using a RF hand held device that we can upload the data to our AS/400. This is an process for checking shipment carton data at remote site. When back in the office would like to upload the information to the AS/400. What are the best applications to integrate with the AS/400?

Comment

I am looking for a way (anyway) to call data from and excel spread sheet or text file and input it into my AS/400 screen, complete a series of commands and then go grab the next number. I can handle completing the series of commands, I just can't figure out how to call data from an external file.

Comment

Working...
            X