Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

Johan3732 wrote: > I try to connect to a as400 with AS/400 Client Access Express for > Windows Version 5 Release 1 with the emulator program. But when i do > this i get the message "Connection made with > server/host on remote through port 23" followed by a > message "Hostname not supplied or not found" and a code 656 appears > on the > bottom of the screen. Johan, 656 means: Initializing the TCP/IP Socket interface for Telnet5250 (5250 session). It sounds like you might have a TCP/IP stack problem. I'd suggest re-installing the networking client. Bill

When i start "cwbping " i get the following message:[*]****************************************** IBM AS/400 Client Access Express voor Windows Versie 5 Release 1 Niveau 0 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation and Others 1984, 2000. All rights reserved. U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. Licensed Materials - Property of IBM U kunt de opdracht CWBPING annuleren met CTRL-C of CTRL-BREAK I - Bezig met het controleren van de verbinding met systeem ADOCUM400... I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Centrale client I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Netwerkbestand I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Network Print I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Gegevenstoegang I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Gegevenswachtrijen I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Opdracht op afstand I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Beveiliging I - Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Telnet F - CWBCO1003 - Winsock-fout, functie connect() heeft 10061 teruggezonden F - CWBCO1049 - De AS/400-servertoepassing (Centraal beheer) is niet gestart. F - CWBCO1008 - Verbinding met servertoepassing Centraal beheer is niet mogelijk , retourwaarde 10061 W - CWBCO1015 - De verbinding met systeem ADOCUM400 is gecontroleerd, maar er zijn waarschuwingsberichten[*]****************************************** I know it is in dutch but i think the codes are the same. Thx, Johan

Comment

Hi Johan, Based on Bill's post above, the 656 message is informational and not an error message. The CWBPING results for Telnet test (Verbinding met servertoepassing is gelukt: Telnet) answers your Usenet question of how you can tell if port 23 is blocked. The Telnet port test was successful. I had never heard of CWBPING before. Joe Hertvik has an excellent writeup on it here: http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/...789473,00.html It also would let you specify port 23 as a parm /port:23 to your CWBPING, but it has already verified Telnet port is communicating. The error codes are defined at Iseries Access Communication Error Messages http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...e/cwbcoer.html CWBCO1003 code 10061: The server was contacted, but refused the connection request. CWBCO1049: Make sure the host servers have been started on the server. CWBCO1008: The Service Mapper was successfully contacted on the server, but connecting to the specified application server on that server failed, probably because the host server is not running. The error code is specified. Recovery Verify that the host server is ready to receive connections by doing the following on the server: 1. Enter the NETSTAT command. 2. Select option 3, Work with TCP/IP connection status. 3. Search for an entry for which the Local Port is the name of the server application specified in the message. This name may be truncated for display in NETSTAT. 4. Press F14 (Display port numbers) and note what port number that server is using; also note what the state of the server is. end quote You also might try the CWBPING with the iseries IP address instead of hostname to confirm same error results are obtained. rd

Comment

Ralph Daugherty wrote: > CWBCO1049: Make sure the host servers have been started on the server. This is the key error, the help text as Ralph pasted should resolve the issue. For completeness of problem solving, the file that lists all of these codes and possible solutions is normally located in the Crogram filesibmclient accessmri2924 folder. Your location may be different based upon language(s) installed and original install options. You can get a head start in finding the proper help file by taking the first 5 characters of the message and appending "er.hlp" to the end. So, in this case the help file for the error messages is CWBCOER.HLP. Bill

Comment

My guess is that your session is not a "named" session, and that Auto-Config has been turned off (on the AS/400). This would mean that the host is there, and can be pinged, but that the workstation is not configured on the host. Another explanation might be if the the AS/400 limits Auto-Config to a specified number of stations, and they are already operative. Dave

Comment

Hello, I try to connect to a as400 with AS/400 Client Access Express for Windows Version 5 Release 1 with the emulator program. But when i do this i get the message "Connection made with server/host on remote through port 23" followed by a message "Hostname not supplied or not found" and a code 656 appears on the bottom of the screen. I can use the os400 navigator program with the hostname and i can ping to the hostname and i get the correct ipnumber. So i think the hostname is well known. What can be the problem that only the emulator does not work? Thx, Johan

Comment

I have found the answer! QAUTOVRT value was 0, setting it to "*NOMAX" did the trick Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
              X