DSPJOBLOG !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSPJOBLOG !!!

Have you tried giving the user in question explicit authority to another user's *USRPRF? Dave

DSPJOBLOG !!!

Giving the users explicit authority to a user profile that has *ALLOBJ authority is not a good idea. This will not solve the problem and will create a security exposure one. For example, a user with *USE authority to a user profile is allowed to submit jobs that will run under that user profile. What other people have done in this case is to create a CL program that adopts its owners authority. The CL program can then prompt the DSPJOBLOG command. If the owner of the program has *ALLOBJ and *JOBCTL special authority then anyone authorized to use the program can look at any job log. Ed Fishel

Comment

DSPJOBLOG !!!

Hi. Ed, Do you have such a CL at hand which u can share with me.. If anybody else has such a cl, pls share it with me. regds, Ajit

Comment

DSPJOBLOG !!!

It is a simple program. Here is one from memory. Be sure you test it. When you use CRTCLPGM to create the program specify USRPRF(*OWNER). Ed Fishel
        Code

Comment

DSPJOBLOG !!!

Hi, Some of my users want to see the job log of Active jobs of users who are having *ALLOBJ authority. The users who want to see the job log dont have *ALLOBJ authority. They have *JOBCTL and *SPLCTL, but still they are not able to see the job log. Is there any way by which i can allow these users to see the job log of any user. thanx in advance, Ajit

Comment

DSPJOBLOG !!!

Hi. Ed. Thanx a lot for the same. It worked out. best regards, Ajit

Comment

Working...
            X