Unable to set password of IBM Profiles to *NONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to set password of IBM Profiles to *NONE

I don't believe that you can change these particular user profiles (they are used for various purposes by IBM). If you execute the command: DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)OUTFILE(QTEMP/USRPRFFIL) and query the UPPWON (Password of *NONE) field in the resulting file (QTEMP/USRPRFFIL), you will see that these "Q" user profiles already have *NONE as their password (indicated by *YES in the UPPWON field). HTH, Steve

Hi., I am trying to set the password of all IBM profiles on my AS400 to *NONE. But when i try to change the same i get the following error : "Error detected in prompt override program command string " and it doesnt allow me to set the password to *NONE. The profiles that i am changing are QAUTPROF,QCOLSRV,QDBSHR, etc. Can anybody help me out.. regds,

Comment

If you are on V4R5 or later system then you can use the Reset Profile Attributes (QSYRESPA) API to reset the password for system-supplied user profiles. Only system-supplied user profiles that cannot be changed using the Change User Profile (CHGUSRPRF) command are modified by the QSYRESPA API. Ed Fishel

Comment

Working...
      X