Passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passwords

I have never had to do this, but if I were I would look at commands SAVSECDTA and RSTUSRPRF. What I would do is display the user profiles on the current system into a file and query which ones have changed their passwords since the last restore on your target system. Then you can save security data and restore the individuals who have changed. HTH Scott

Passwords

I have migrated my ERP system from a V4R5 S20 to a V5R1 iSeries 270 over the past couple of weeks but have not been able to go live with the new box because of various issues arising. Now I am ready to make the big switch over I realise that some of my users will have changed their passwords in between times. What is the easiest way to update the passwords on the new box from the old?

Comment

Passwords

The big switch over took place yesterday but I wasn't able to resolve the issue. Sadly I had to have someone on hand to update passwords manually as people logged in. I did try the RSTUSRPRF command, specifically with the *PWDGRP set against the SECDTA parameter but no joy. In retrospect, I think I should have set the password expiration interval against all user profiles to *NOMAX when I first moved them to the new box. Thanks for your response by the way.

Comment

Working...
      X