QAUTOVRT V5R2M0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QAUTOVRT V5R2M0

Kim Kuras wrote: > V5R2 value setting have changed. I have always had this set at a low > number (0-). To autoconfigure virtual devices, this setting must be > set to a high (calculated, I believe) number. I currently have 3000+ > configured virtual devices. Can anyone give me the 'quick & dirty' on > the new value requirements and any potential security risks by having > this continuously set to a high number. TIA. Kim, We have it set to *NOMAX. I'm not sure what security risk you are worried about. If it's that someone can have a device auto-create then attempt a logon until the device is varied off due to bad attempts, then you can do what we did here: Make sure that all of your interactive subsystems are set to Device Name QPADEV* can only allocate at *Enter. With this setting, any telnet session will never get a signon screen. Bill

QAUTOVRT V5R2M0

V5R2 value setting have changed. I have always had this set at a low number (0-). To autoconfigure virtual devices, this setting must be set to a high (calculated, I believe) number. I currently have 3000+ configured virtual devices. Can anyone give me the 'quick & dirty' on the new value requirements and any potential security risks by having this continuously set to a high number. TIA.

Comment

QAUTOVRT V5R2M0

Note also, that sometimes these devices become corrupt. They can then just sit there taking up space. A cleanup program may be advisable. Ours uses APIs to get the information for any auto-created device that hasn't been used in a while and deletes it.

Comment

Working...
      X