Question about Group Profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Group Profiles?

I have been reading some docs and unfortunately the IBM docs aren't real clear on this so I wanted to see if any one out here knows. Any particular profile can be directly associated with up to 16 Group Profiles (1 Group Profile and 15 Supplemental Groups). But what I'm curious about is if one of my group profiles is a member of several different group profiles, does my initial user also get member ship to those additional group profiles. I don't know if this is really clear, so I will give an example. USERA has group profiles GROUP1, GROUP2 and GROUP3 associated with the profile GROUP2 has GROUP4 and GROUP5 associated with it. Does USERA have access to objects secured by GROUP4 and GROUP5 has well? And if this is the case, then does this mean a user could (theoretically) be a member of an unlimited number of groups (because of Groups being members of Groups) Or is there some definitive limit?

Question about Group Profiles?

I'm not sure your example is possible. A group profile can't be a member of a group profile. I tried this to verify it: CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(X) CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(Y) GRPPRF(X) CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(Z) GRPPRF(Y) I got: CPF2260 User profile Z was not created or changed. Reason code 1. 1 -- User profile Y which was specified on the GRPPRF value is a member of another group and cannot be a group. How does your example translate into a sequence of commands?

Comment

Working...
    X