Remote IPL of an AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote IPL of an AS/400

yep. very simple. GO POWER, menu will lead you from there. that is if you have security clearance.

Remote IPL of an AS/400

Hello Mike, There are a couple of ways to do what I think you are asking. 1) Remote Console. We use a product called VNC that you can download on the web and it gives you the functionality similar to PC Anywhere, etc. You run the IBM Client Access Express product with Remote console. Re-configure your AS/400 using serial cables to a PC and that takes care of the host side. On the remote side, you install VNC on any Notebook or Desk top that is on your network, and you can take control of the Host PC and do everything you want remotely as if you were at the actual console. You can even see the SRC, and change the front panel as well. 2) If you want to use your own programs you can change the System Values (Don't remember what they are off the top of my head.) to the next time you want the system to start. Have your program change the system values, and then shut down the system. When the time laps's, your as400 will ipl itself. 3) Someone else already told you about GO Power, so I want go there. Keith

Comment

Remote IPL of an AS/400

Thanks! that's great! do i have to have the keylock in auto position or anything like that? Mike

Comment

Remote IPL of an AS/400

Is it possible to perform either a remote IPL of an AS/400 OR a timed RE-ipl so the machine turns itself back on at a certain hour? also, what is involved hardware/software..etc. thanks Mike

Comment

Remote IPL of an AS/400

Key must stay in Normal Position.. Keith

Comment

Working...
          X