HMC remote Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMC remote Console

I first loaded the WebSM to pc and then loaded the ssl code after which the key was loaded. (Problems when this was not done in this order) Was not able to use IP address so added entry to hosts file on pc. Config the 5250 session with DNS name, port 2300 or 2301(ssl). Use default user id, prompt as needed s/b config for 5250 session.

HMC remote Console

hi there, i was trying to access the HMC thru remote pc. have my iseries access loaded on my pc and use the 5250 emulator.. i've put the ip address of hmc, port2300, user Q#HMC but no login prompt was shown..any ideas.. on the HMC what will be the setting of the LAN Adapter (open, private)? thanks.. anyone here have tried to use exceed for this procedure.

Comment

HMC remote Console

On HMC you need to go to network setting and in the firewall option make sure you have allowed WebSM port 9090. Refer the below redbook:- page number 14 https://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpape...s/redp3999.pdf on the HMC what will be the setting of the LAN Adapter (open, private)? << try with OPEN >> Regards

Comment

Working...
      X