Disaster Recovery test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster Recovery test

Hi Frank, I am very much experienced with BRMS. It is awesome! I am also very experienced with recovery testing at Sungard. They are Awesome! You are in good hands using BRMS at Sungard. Sungard uses BRMS and will help you big time. If you are not experienced with BRMS then listen to the Sungard tech assigned to help you and follow his/her directions. The only major tip I can give you is to have a current copy of the recovery report and the exact tapes that go along with the recovery report. If you follow the recovery report's directions and do not skip things trying to save time you should be good. The test is just that, a test. You will learn lots from the test. More tests in the future will help you become more and more comfy with BRMS and recovering. You will find holes in your save strategy but that is good. Discover all of the holes in your save stragety and then you will be ready for an actual disaster (hopefully never happens).

Disaster Recovery test

I am about to do a disaster recovery test of our backups(we use BRMS) in a hotspot location(Sungard). I have never done this kind of test before. All i know is that the box provided to us is either similar or better but not the same model that we have. Does anybody have experience with this type of test and could provide some advice, tips or checklists/documentation i could follow? Thanks to all for your help.

Comment

Disaster Recovery test

Hello Scott, Thanks for the reply. I feel much better knowing that Sungard uses and are experienced with BRMS. Thanks for the advice on the recovery reports and testing in general. Regards.

Comment

Working...
      X