the best way to clean a single outq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best way to clean a single outq

noticed that when i was cleaning this up manually (39000+ splf's) that my disk space was going up.

Search the forums for spool cleanup. Here are a couple of links: John Brown "Selective Clear Output Queue Command" 7/1/92 1:01am starbuck5250 "Automate Spool file clean" 7/13/04 7:23am Do you run RCLSPLSTG regularly? It cleans up the space used by deleted spool files, I think.

Comment

Can you run that at any time? is it a dedicated command? we have a 825 with 2 terabytes - is this a weekend job?

Comment

You can run it at any time, and it is not dedicated. It may run a while (an hour?) if there's a lot to clean up. I've usually seen it take only a few minutes, though.

Comment

what is the best way to clean a single outq with leaving the last week of current data there?

Comment

There are IBM API's you can use to write a cleanup tool for yourself (takes time and you have to maintain), there are some articles with code examples (do google search, again takes your time and you have to maintain) There are some inexpensive tools that you could purchase that would do this and much more (save your time for more important projects) for about 1,200 such as SpoolFlex www.drvtech.com

Comment

Working...
            X