How to check Object & library Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check Object & library Size

Use the DSPOBJD command specifying *OUTFILE as a parameter, and putting in the file name. Then write a query that uses the object size field, and create totals. Dave

Another way is to use the disktasks menu. GO DISKTASKS You can submit a collection and then once it has finished you can run reports against the collection. If you have never run a collection before just be advised that it runs a very long time. Scott

Comment

If he's already at 80%+, using DSPOBJD to an outfile may take him over the top.

Comment

I had listed before my utility to check the actual size a library (includes pf & lf sizes) on midrange last year. If you can't find it. Email me and I will send it to you. It is real easy to use.

Comment

You can use GO DISKTASKS and afer using option 1 you can run the cmd PRTDSKINF it will generate SPOOL file which will give u all the inf and size wise. Cheers kapil

Comment

once you figure out what library(s) you want to clean up, I would first use a combination of dspobjd and dspfd to find files with deleted records and reorganizer them (rgzpfm). Then I would find the largest files and see if the information can be archived. I have a utility that can help with this (the getting the actual size of a library and finding files with deleted records)

Comment

Submit RTVDSKINF to Batch and once the job is complete just say PRTDSKINF. A detail spool will be generated.

Comment

Hi my server is 82% CPU now i want to delete some unwanted object or lib can you tell anybody that how to see object & library size Regards

Comment

TRY WRKSYSACT to check which job is eating your CPU.

Comment

Working...
                  X