X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP THRESHOLD

TTBOMK a full ASP will not overflow onto another ASP. Dave

ASP THRESHOLD

TTBOMK???? Currently we have two asp and one is setup for journaling(asp2) - when that one gets past 100% it will flow into ASP 1. so i don't understand what you are trying to explain. help

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

TTBOMK - To the best of my knowledge (which in this case may be flawed). I was of the opinion that an ASP could not overflow, and now stand corrected. Dave

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

I did have a user asp once. When it filled up it did flow into the system asp. I do not recall if it had to hit 100% in order to start flowing over. Scott

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

well, i'm not so sure who's correct or not - we're running 5.1 on that box and when it fills up it says it spills in ASP1. when we correct the overflow, we still get the error messages in qsysopr. IBM told us that we'd have to IPL the box to stop the messages, which is kinda weird. i just don't know at which point the overflow starts - at the treshold or 100%

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

From years ago, (the only time I was foolish enough to set up a user ASP) I remember the rule was that a user ASP will overflow into the system ASP, but the System ASP will never overflow into any user ASP.

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

gtrevino wrote: > well, i'm not so sure who's correct or not - we're running 5.1 on > that box and when it fills up it says it spills in ASP1. when we > correct the overflow, we still get the error messages in qsysopr. IBM > told us that we'd have to IPL the box to stop the messages, which is > kinda weird. i just don't know at which point the overflow starts - > at the treshold or 100% Overflow happens at 100%, messages start at threshold. From the V5R2 Disk Management Guide: " You can eliminate recovery problems that occur when a disk pool overflows by setting a disk pool threshold. When the data stored in the disk pool exceeds the specified threshold, the server sends a warning message, allowing you time to add more storage space or delete unnecessary objects. The default threshold of a disk pool is set to 90%. " " If a basic disk pool fills up and the data in the basic disk pool overflows into the system disk pool, the basic disk pool is said to be in an overflow state. If you enable automatic overflow recovery, you can recover the data that overflowed to the system disk pool by performing a normal restart of your system. If you have created sufficient space in the basic disk pool, the system will copy the overflow data to the disk pool from the system disk pool. If automatic overflow recovery is disabled, you need to manually restart your server to the dedicated service tools (DST) mode and recover the overflow data using DST from the command prompt. " Bill

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

if you set an ASP threshold for say 80% - what will happen? 1. the system will start sending messages that the treshold has been reached and start filling up the other ASP? 2. the system will start sending messages that the treshold has been reached and only after it get to 100% will it start to fill up the other ASP?

Comment

ASP THRESHOLD

was going to IPL our 820 running 5.1 to stop the errors from coming even though we fixed the asp issue but the system took care of it for me, so i'm assuming that we have automatic recovery.

Comment

Working...
                  X