SAIT vs. LTO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAIT vs. LTO2

I don't think it matters which one is faster or has higher capacity. The only thing that matters is will it serve your needs for the appropriate price? We have an LTO3 (not LTO2) that backs up 300 gig model 520 in about 90 minutes. That serves our needs and the price was right. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "gtrevino" wrote in message news:6b275013.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Which is better? who's using it? who's using both? > me and my boss are in an argument over what is better. > from what I've read, SAIT has more capacity but the speed isnt' there. > he says the SAIT blows LTO2 away.

SAIT vs. LTO2

We have both, AIT3 on our AS/400 and LTO2 backing up our network. The LTO2 transfer rate is faster and the storage per tape is more (200/400G). We just changed our interface to our AIT3 which improved performance by about 30% roughly. It is hard to compare the two in our environment but consider this: LTO is a newer technology only on it's second release with a much higher transfer rate and tape capacity. AIT is one it's 4th release with a relativly good transfer rate and tape capacity. If you are starting from scratch, I would suggest the LTO.

Comment

SAIT vs. LTO2

Which is better? who's using it? who's using both? me and my boss are in an argument over what is better. from what I've read, SAIT has more capacity but the speed isnt' there. he says the SAIT blows LTO2 away.

Comment

SAIT vs. LTO2

I suspect that you can't go too far wrong with either. These are highly competitive technologies. We use LTO2 & 3 and are quite happy with them. It's not like they are just barely good enough! When I compare them with the old days of 9 track reel-to-reel tape systems, modern tape backup is a dream.

Comment

Working...
        X