How to restore file from BRMS Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to restore file from BRMS Backup

A.) At any menu type: Go BRMS B.) At menu BRMS Backup Recovery and Media Services for iSeries, select option 4. Recovery C.) At menu BRMRCY Recovery, select option 2. Perform recovery D.) At menu BRMRCYOPT Perform Recovery, select option 9. Work with saved link information E.) On the screen Work with Link Information (WRKLNKBRM), hit Enter to accept defaults. F.) On the screen Work with Link Information (WRKLNKBRM), scroll to /domino/data/mail and select option 9=Work with directory information by it. G.) On the screen Work with Directory Information scroll to the desired Volume Serial and select option 9=Work with objects by it. H.) On the screen Work with Objects select option 7=Restore by the desired object (e.g. user.nsf). I.) On the screen Select Recovery Items CHANGE OPTION TO 7=Specify object and hit Enter. J.) On the screen Restore Object (RST), F10 and then page down and look for the field Name: with '''/domino/data/mail/user.nsf''' and change the corresponding field New object name from *SAME to '''/domino/data/SomeOtherDirectory/user.nsf''' K.) Compare the owner of the object to other objects in the directory by typing command WRKLNK OBJ('/domino/data/ReleaseNotes/*'). If necessary, change the owner of the restored object by typing command CHGOWN OBJ('/domino/data/ReleaseNotes/user.nsf') NEWOWN(QNOTES) L.) Verify the tape device (TAP01) is not still allocated to your job, or the nightly backup will fail, by typing command WRKCFGSTS *DEV TAP*

Hi, I have taken Backup using BRMS (Lotus Domino, SAP data), now i want to restore only one file (.nsf). How to restore From BRMS. I have a Backup Tape with me. Can you explain how to restore only one .nsf file from there Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for giving me good step I am stuck at F step. when i am going inside in /domino/data/mail and press 9 then nothing is there in step G. The below i am sending message Directory . . . . : /DOMINO/IALDOMINO/DATA/mail Type options, press Enter. 4=Remove 5=Display 7=Restore 9=Work with objects Date Time Save Volume Expiration Objects Not Opt Saved Saved Type Serial Date Saved Saved (No directory detail was found matching the list criteria.) Can you help me why this is happen. Regards,

Comment

Working...
      X