Failed Disk Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Disk Drive

That won't work!!! Go to ebay, find you a replacement drive, and use the CE tools and do a hot swap.

Failed Disk Drive

On a 640, drive type 6607 model 072. This is a test system and we use it to play around, no service agreement. What I want to do is remove this drive from the parity protected set (all other drives show "unprotected") and see if that would allow the rest of the drives to resume protection. Besides physically removing the drive, any suggestions?

Comment

Failed Disk Drive

When I try to do that, I get this: All the device parity capable disk units are already device parity protected. I think this is because: Not all disk units attached to an advanced function IOP have reported to the system. Retry the operation. One thing that bugs me is that I was able to *ENDALC to the drive, then I was able to *MOVDTA from the drive. I did a surface test and it came back with no errors. :-/

Comment

Failed Disk Drive

F-Rod wrote: > This is a test system and we use it to play around, no service > agreement. What I want to do is remove this drive from the parity > protected set (all other drives show "unprotected") and see if that > would allow the rest of the drives to resume protection. > > Besides physically removing the drive, any suggestions? Have you tried to re-start parity on the drive? Sometimes the failure is only temporary. Bill

Comment

Working...
        X