Warning: Undefined array key 106046 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
QPADEV* entries - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPADEV* entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPADEV* entries

It is actually not necessary to be done, but I believe that it is a good practice. Each workstation also has an attached message queue, and these things can proliferate and take up a great deal of space if not controlled. OTOH if you don't clean up, the system will still function. Dave

QPADEV* entries

Doug, I use a quick and simple CL for this from the job scheduler each week. Here's the flow: 1. Use DSPOBJD to create a file of QPAD devices in QTEMP 2. Read each record in a loop. 3. Use RTVCFGSTS check the configuration status. If the status is between 20 & 59 or 80 & 109, vary off the device. 4. Repeat the cycle of reading each record in a loop. 5. Use RTVCFGSTS check the configuration status. If the status is between 0 & 19, delete the device. If you're not sure how to put this together, send me an email at dabayman@hotmail.com and I'll send you the source listing. Regards, Carl

Comment

QPADEV* entries

I'm wondering what the benefits of cleanup are since the devices are reused as people sigh off and others sign on?

Comment

QPADEV* entries

It is still a good idea to do this little admin task. Any devices that have been varied off due to password violations will not be reused. One of my sites with 50 or so users had accumulated over 400 devices by the time I noticed. (Nobody in California seems to be able to remember a password ;-) )

Comment

QPADEV* entries

Any devices that have been varied off due to password violations will not be reused
          That explains why we would sometimes reach the QAUTOVRT sysval limit.

Comment

QPADEV* entries

California is not unique in this aspect. Dave

Comment

QPADEV* entries

I remember reading many years ago that it was a good practice to periodically clean up the QPADEV* devices created by Client Access, and set the QSYSVALs to a specific setting to aid in this. My questions are: 1. Do I remember correctly? 2. Does this practice still need to be done at V5R2 and higher? 3. Are there any performance impacts associated with not running the cleanup? Our system has defined QINTER, QINTER2, QINTER3, QINTER4, and QINTER5. Does anyone know if the system is creating these? The WSE for most of these is QPADEV*, so I am assuming that as new WSIDs are created, and the SUBS gets filled up the system is automatically creating the new subsystems to handle the load. Is that correct? 4. In searching for QPADEV* on mcpressonline, I see one solution is to periodically checking the last used date for QPADEV* objects, and deleting the objects, based on their age. Is that still applicable? Is that all that needs to be done? Anyone else experiencing this? Thank you, Doug

Comment

QPADEV* entries

Based on more than 20 requests I've received for the source, here it is. Regards, Carl

ZAPDEVC.CLP

Comment

Working...
                X