System asp percent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System asp percent

The Retrieve System Status (QWCRSSTS) API can provide that information. Here is an example that sets &ASPPCT to the percentage of the system ASP currently used. The API itself can be found in the Information Center under Programming/APIs/APIs by category/Work Management. Bruce Vining
    Code

System asp percent

Thanks Bruce, exactly what I was after.

Comment

System asp percent

Mark Hajny wrote: > I want a command that will retrieve the % of system ASP used. I would > like to do it without WRKSYSSYS *PRINT then copying the spool file > and reading the output, etc etc. Isnt there some sort of retrieve > system status command? All I want is that number. Why not just set the threshold for the ASP to the percentage you are concerned with? The system will automatically send messages to the System Operator queues when it's exceeded. Bill

Comment

System asp percent

Bruce: Please, I need your help.   I´m trying use this API (V5R2) in a CLLE program and I need recover the current date and time (This is in system timestamp format), positions 9 to 16 (8 Char) of the SSTS0200 format. How can convert this field to YYMMDDHHMMSS?.    Thanks a lot, if you can give me some ideas to do this. José Mora Data Center Analyst Baxter S.A.

Comment

System asp percent

I want a command that will retrieve the % of system ASP used. I would like to do it without WRKSYSSYS *PRINT then copying the spool file and reading the output, etc etc. Isnt there some sort of retrieve system status command? All I want is that number. This will be used in a CL program that runs on the jobq and checks my asp% a couple times a day and emails me when I'm over a certain limit. Thanks in advance!

Comment

System asp percent

Here's some sample code using the Convert Date and Time Format (QWCCVTDT) API to convert from a system timestamp format to a YYMMDDHHMMSSmmm format in variable &YMDHMS. This format actually returns milliseconds in the mmm portion, but if you just use the first 14 bytes you'll have the format you are looking for. You can find the documentation for this API under the Miscellaneous category of system APIs (or in V5R4 the new category of Date and Time). Bruce Vining
            Code

Comment

Working...
            X