HOW TO KNOW WHAT JOBS ARE DELETING FILES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO KNOW WHAT JOBS ARE DELETING FILES

TonyT wrote: > THE %ASP DECREASES FROM 70% to 60% percent in a 30 minutes timeframe. > I look at the log history file and it did not give me any clue. I > know that some CL programs when compiled with log=*NO will not > display the actual commands. Any suggestions to determine what job or > programs doing some purging ? TIA Tony, You might try considering what you are seeing is being caused by a query type of job that has to build a temporary results file, it would be then be deleted at the end of the query. If there are files you know are being deleted then check into the ChgSecAud command. Bill

Enable logging to the audit journal QAUDJRN and examine the journal entries for the period. Regards Jørn Nielsen

Comment

Auditing can be a pain. Another option is to use iSeries Navigator and set up a Monitor for disk space. That will allow you to see what jobs are consuming disk space. You can work back from there.

Comment

THE %ASP DECREASES FROM 70% to 60% percent in a 30 minutes timeframe. I look at the log history file and it did not give me any clue. I know that some CL programs when compiled with log=*NO will not display the actual commands. Any suggestions to determine what job or programs doing some purging ? TIA

Comment

Working...
        X