JOBQ AND SUBSYSTEM QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOBQ AND SUBSYSTEM QUESTION

To attach your job queue use the following command: ADDJOBQE SBSD(QBATCH) JOBQ(QPGMR) SEQNBR(900) By default when you add the job queue entry, it will set the number of active jobs for that job queue to 1. If you prompt(F4) the command you will be able to change the max number of active jobs. This will only apply to the particular job queue that you are adding. Also, on the SEQNBR parameter you can use a value other than 900. I chose that because it's less likely that that sequence number has been used but if you want to see which sequence #'s are being used you can use the DSPSBSD SBSD(QBATCH) command and then option 6 to see which sequence #'s are used. It will also show you the max number of jobs for each job queue attached to that subsystem.

ALL- I HAVE A JOBQ ( QPGMR ), BUT THIS JOB QUEUE IS NOT ATTACHED TO A SUBSYSTEM (QBATCH) SO THIS IS A USELESS JOB QUEUE. WHAT IS THE COMMAND TO ASSOCIATE THIS JOBQ (QPGMR) TO SUBSYSTEM QBATCH. CURRENTLY JOBQ (QBATCH) IS ATTACHED TO SUBSYSTEM ( QBATCH ). I WANT THIS SUBSYSTEM (QBATCH) TO HAVE 2 MAX. ACTIVE JOBS. ONLY 1 JOB SHOULD BE ACTIVE IN SUBSYSTEM QBATCH FOR EACH JOBQ ( 1 FROM QBATCH JOBQ & 1 FROM QPGMR JOBQ). KINDLY POST THE PARAMETERS FOR CHGSBSD AND CHGJOBQE TO ACCOMPLISH MY OBJECTIVE, IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THE ACTIVE JOBS PARM IT WILL SURELY HELP. THANKS IN ADAVNCE.

Comment

The QPGMR job queue is designed to be attached to the QPGMR subsystem, which should exist on your system. To make the QPGMR job queue active you should only have to start the QPGMR subsystem (STRSBS QPGMR). Both it and the QBATCH job queue come shipped single-threaded, so you shouldn't need to change anything. The MAXACT parameter of the CHGJOBQE command controls how many jobs can enter the subsystem (start) through the job queue at the same time. This can be further subdivided by the MAXPTYn parameters to control job starting by priority. The MAXJOBS parameter of the CHGSBSD command controls how many jobs can start from all job queues in the subsystem combined. This can be useful if you have more job queues attached to the subsystem than the number of jobs you want to be able to run at the same time.

Comment

Working...
      X