how to force a session to be always signed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to force a session to be always signed on

You have a problem worse than signing off, and that is the on/off switch. I learned a long time ago, that no matter what you do, no matter how nice, or how authoratative the request, no matter how many memos are written, users will still flick the on/off switch when they are through. Dave

What if you had one of those thin clients and then only had the monitor, keyboard, and mouse available (not the thin client itself). Lock the thin client in a cabinet or something to get it away from the users. Then you could (I guess this would work, never have tried it) grant private authority *Exclude to the command Signoff for the user that you do not want to sign off. Maybe this would work.

Comment

I would like to know if there is a way to make a 5250 emulation session always signed on on a device. I know the device name and I know the user who I would like to have always signed on on that particular device. In our case it is a public access terminal with a public access user ID. I am looking for a way to prevent users from signing off or, if that happens, sign the user back on automatically. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X