Virtual Device Creation - Authorization question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Device Creation - Authorization question

First, what release are you running... Independent of that you might want to check the "CRTAUT" attribute value on library QSYS...if this is set to the name of the authorization list, that would explain why. Although, I am a bit confused why PUBLIC *CHANGE is not enough authority for anyone to use the device. Perhaps public authority is being taking from the authorization list, rather than from the object itself? Or the other way around? When an object is secured with an authorization list, you specify whether PUBLIC on the object is used or public on the autl is use...at least that's my recollection while sitting in TGI Friday's waiting for my flight :-)

Hello everyone, I am working with a system that has virtual devices that are being created with an authorization list. I am not sure why based on the current setup. The System value QCRTAUT is *CHANGE The CRTAUT value of QSYS is *SYSVAL The CRTDEVDSP command default for AUT parameter is *CHANGE The QAUTOVRT is set to 32500 There doesn’t appear to be any user exit programs for TELNET. QTCP is creating the devices with Public *CHANGE and an authorization list. This authorization list is used to secure production objects. This prevents developers from using the virtual devices until the object authorities are changed via a change request. What can be causing these objects to be created with the authorization list? Thanks, Steve

Comment

The release is V5R3. QSYS is not secured by an authorization list. It does have these authorities below. The authorization list is taking precendance over PUBLIC *CHANGE. As soon as the authorization list is removed using the object is not an issue. Thanks
      Code

Comment

Working...
      X