Spring Forward, Fall Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Forward, Fall Back

Reading about the new time zone support has lead me to think of an additional application for this new capability. Is it possible to assign a job date and time, to a time zone relative to the system time zone. I am planning a centralized iSeries server that will support users who will be logging on from every state in the United States. I would like the system to maintain the time zone of any job they initiate to the time zone in which they live, not the time zone of the data center. By reading the documentation it appears that this can be done by creating a LOCALE object for each time zone, then assigning each user to the proper LOCALE when creating the user profile. I have attempted to use this approach without success, so it may be that I misunderstand how LOCALE objects are used. I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on solving this problem, or other ways time zone can be used to the globalization of applications on the iSeries. Thanks!

And what about the Java VM? Is it also going to have updated definitions for the affected timezones? Presumably it is, in some way, since Sun has already done that, but do we need to install some PTFs for Java? If so, which ones?

Comment

Comment

Hello, Java support has already been updated in i5/OS. Below are the updates. Pat
        Code

Comment

Working...
        X