IBM AS/400 Division Revenues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM AS/400 Division Revenues

Good point Mario. I think these numbers show that IBM is attracting more mainstream server business to the AS/400. This should prove to be positive for all of us. Maybe I wont have to flip burgers after all... Mark McCall
    On Friday, August 14, 1998, 11:06 AM, Mario Martinez wrote: In case anyone is interested, there is an article in the Aug 1998 issue of AS/400 Systems Management. It concerns the revenues of the IBM AS/400 Division. According to the article, the last quarter of 1997 and the first quarter of 1998 were the best back to back AS/400 revenue quarters in history. Keeping in mind that the AS/400 is already the leading selling midrange computer system, these figures are very, very good. It's information like this that makes me believe that anyone who says that the AS/400 is dying, or is using old technology, is simply not educated on the subject. Such people probably are probably already partial to some other platform and/or operating system. This is fine, but it might also explain their lack of basic AS/400 knowledge. The myth of the AS/400's "dying old technology", is blatantly contradicted by the sales figures, the job market and the software (RPG, Cobol, C/C++, Java, Domino, Windows NT, SAP, Netware) that the AS/400 is able to run.

IBM AS/400 Division Revenues

In case anyone is interested, there is an article in the Aug 1998 issue of AS/400 Systems Management. It concerns the revenues of the IBM AS/400 Division. According to the article, the last quarter of 1997 and the first quarter of 1998 were the best back to back AS/400 revenue quarters in history. Keeping in mind that the AS/400 is already the leading selling midrange computer system, these figures are very, very good. It's information like this that makes me believe that anyone who says that the AS/400 is dying, or is using old technology, is simply not educated on the subject. Such people probably are probably already partial to some other platform and/or operating system. This is fine, but it might also explain their lack of basic AS/400 knowledge. The myth of the AS/400's "dying old technology", is blatantly contradicted by the sales figures, the job market and the software (RPG, Cobol, C/C++, Java, Domino, Windows NT, SAP, Netware) that the AS/400 is able to run.

Comment

Working...
    X