G.I. Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.I. Joe

John, It's me, not some doll..uhm Action Figure. G.I. Joe did play a part in my upbringing, but I'm not quite old enough to be the inspiration for such. The picture was actually taken during a quite moment in the jungle. My unit was training the rebel forces of Cortina to overthrow their corrupt government. Cortina for those of you who don't know, is a fictional country located on the Federal Reservation of Ft. Polk, Louisiana. It is a training site set up to help train soldiers in what to expect. Complete with rock and bottle throwing civilian actors, nosy and beligerant media and multiple factions within the governments. BTW, I remember when Joe was 12" of action, not the 3" model that became popular after Marvel Comics wrote the comic book series of the same name. Yep, dad was a jarhead and I used his experiences and attitude to decide my career. I joined the ARMY!!!!! Boy was he upset over that one. To tell the difference between me and Joe, you have to notice that none of Joes parts started sagging after 35 years nor has his hair migrated from the top of his head to his shoulders. -Bret

G.I. Joe

What ever happend to the KUNG-FU grip?

Comment

G.I. Joe

Bret, Is that really your picture or just a shot of a G.I. Joe. It's hard to tell the difference. ;-) What a minute! Perhaps you were the inspiration for G.I. Joe. Now there is a celebrity. J

Comment

G.I. Joe

My wife took a Ball-Peen-Hammer to it!! Ouch!!!! -bret

Comment

Working...
        X